J. C. Penney Company (NYSE:JCP) Aims To Shutter 138 Stores Nationwide Does Not Include Any North Texas Locations- Caladrius Biosciences (CLBS)

Shares of J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) [Trend Analysis] swings enthusiastically in regular trading session, it a decrease of -2.76% to close at $5.99. J.C. Penney’s (JCP) declared that it aims to shutter 138 stores nationwide does not include any North Texas locations, the company reported. The Plano retailer reported a list of anticipated closures Friday, which included nine Texas stores. None are located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

In total, the closures will impact roughly 5,000 employees nationwide, with most of the layoffs happening in June. J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) said it is working to relocate the affected employees within the company and will provide outplacement support services.

Most of the affected stores will begin liquidating stock on April 17.J.C. Penney first reported plans to close 130 to 140 stores, or roughly 13 to 14 percent of its fleet, in its fourth quarter and 2016 earnings call in February. At the time, the company said the locations contributed less than 5 percent of annual sales and no profit during the year. Moving forward to saw long-term intention, the experts calculate Return on Investment of 5.90%. The stock is going forward its fifty-two week low with 2.39% and lagging behind from its 52-week high price with -49.45%. JCP last month stock price volatility remained 4.42%.

Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLBS) [Trend Analysis] retains strong position in active trade, as shares scoring 12.35% to $5.73 in active trade session, while looking at the shares volume, around 3.02 Million shares have changed hands in this session. Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. (CLBS) reported financial results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2016. Executed a global collaboration and license contract between PCT and Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in connection with the sale of 19.9% of PCT to Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. for $19.4 million; and Entered into a definitive contract with Hitachi America whereby Hitachi America agreed to purchase Caladrius’ remaining 80.1% membership interest in PCT for $75 million, subject to potential adjustments, including based on PCT’s cash and outstanding indebtedness as of the closing of the sale, and a potential future milestone payment.

The firm has institutional ownership of 15.40%, while insider ownership included 18.30%. CLBS attains analyst recommendation of 2.00 with week’s performance of 13.47%. Investors looking further ahead will note that the Price to next year’s EPS is 54.90%.

About Gerard Bergeron

Gerard Bergeron covers Bio-pharmacy or healthcare sector Press Releases news updates. He has extensive three year of experience in content writing as freelance writer. He performs analysis of Healthcare Companies and provides worthy information for investor community. He is an experienced writer with a precise grasp of the English language and a clear, compelling writing style.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *